Nurse & Midwife Support makes every effort to adhere to the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites developed by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Information provided by you through this website will comply with the Information Privacy Principles, and particularly principles 1 to 3, 10 and 11.
Stated simply these principles are:
- Principle 1: Collection of information must be lawful and fair
- Principle 2: Informing people why information is collected
- Principle 3: Ensuring personal information collected is of good quality and not too intrusive
- Principle 10: Limiting the use of personal information to the purpose for which it was obtained
- Principle 11: Preventing the disclosure of personal information outside the agency.
Collecting your data
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the data collected.
The data that is collected is:
- The date and time of individual visits to the website
- The pages that have been accessed and the documents that have been downloaded
- The type of browser used.
Email communications and your information
If you choose to register for email message correspondence via the website some personal information will be recorded for the purpose of enabling us to:
- Provide services to you (such as responding to your query and exploring your email discussion)
- Provide information and resources to you (for example, if you order any Nurse & Midwife Support materials to be sent to you)
- Update our clinical records and for administrative purposes
- If you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to the complaint.
If you access email message support, only your email address will be disclosed to our clinicians for the purpose of providing their response to you. We recommend that you do not post information online that may identify you or anyone else.
Your email address will not be added to any mailing lists without your prior consent by way of a specific request in writing from us. We will not use or disclose your email address for any other purpose, without your prior written consent unless we are required to do so by law or court order or in a circumstance where we have a ‘duty of care’, that is, when information indicates imminent risk of harm to self or others.
If you have any queries, concerns or require further information relating to privacy and security of Nurse & Midwife Support, you are invited to Contact Us.